Just some things I have been adding to my ever-growing list of awesome home goods that I would like to acquire someday...
1. Travel Series Pennant - California ($25), 2. You & Me Hook Pillow ($48), 3. Welsh Lamp - Quayside - Silver (£100), 4. The Life Aquatic Inspired Poster ($20), 5. Birch Bench Box with Upholstered Pad ($699), 6. Diamonds Are Floor-ever Rug 4x6 ($104.99, sale), 7. Casper Skull Statue ($168), 8. Pebble Bud Vase ($20), 9. Home Sweet Home Linen Banner - Script ($85), 10. Honeycomb Tray ($68), and 11. Gold Triangles Coasters ($26)
- This recipe sounds dangerously delicious.
- The 12 most memorable music scenes of Wes Anderson's movies.
- I have a deep love of strange collections.
- Lovin' these ombre Easter eggs.
- Three soul-warming coffee recipes.
- Simple + motivational life rules.
- Super pretty DIY calligraphy pillows.
- This living room is fabulous.
- One cake, three ways.
- A gorgeous collection of spring artwork.
- A very well-styled catalog.
- Homemade hot fudge in five minutes.
- This loose halo braid is stunning. Can't wait until my hair is long enough to try it.
- Free Fieldguided wallpapers for your iPad and iPhone.
- Vintage car eye candy.
- Strawberry rhubarb pie: a spring staple.
- Adorable DIY silly face stamps.
- This bohemian California home looks so cozy.
- 10 style icons in the movies.
- I love a good meatball.
- Beautiful interiors.
- The Oh Joy + Target garden party = so cheery and colorful.
- An artist adds Star Wars characters & vehicles to thrift store paintings.
- I can't get enough of the new Ikea collection.
- Breanna Rose's Save the Dates are so well-designed, like everything else she does.
- Eleven apps worth your while.
- Make your own hanging planters with plastic fishbowls!
- A mysterious abandoned outdoor movie theater in the Egyptian desert. So cool.
Xoxo, y'all- I hope you enjoy your first springtime weekend! (above artwork by Jordan Sondler)
Although it's true that I do not have the best track record for keeping plants alive, I can't help but envision our new California home filled to the brim with wild succulents and flowering cacti. In handmade pretty vessels, of course.
1. Modern small geometric Icosahedron planter from Concrete Geometric ($14.95), 2. asphalt// planter vase from the good machinery ($38), 3. Wooden Succulent Planter from Cattails Woodwork ($41.07), 4. Mini Square Planter with Herringbone Pattern from Elizabeth Benotti ($20), 5. Ceramic Skull Planter from mudpuppy ($42), 6. Succulent planter from Viruset Studio ($38.90), 7. Geometric Mini Planters set of 3 from Shade on Shape ($45), 8. Hex spora from Light + Ladder ($32), 9. Chevron Hanging Succulent Planter in Porcelain from redraven studios ($46), and 10. The Modern Dewdrop Hanging Planter from The Zen Succulent ($40)
At the end of this month, we will be moving into a new place and my mind has been on decorating it. In our old Portland house, my kids had an attic bedroom that was cluttered and nestled away from the eyes of visitors. Now I am hoping to give them a handsome, well-designed space that flows with the rest of our home.
Sources (from top to bottom): NIB, Hunajaista, MilK, Design*Sponge: Sarah & Alan, kenziepoo, Julie Ansiau, Ferm Living, House & Home, Amandine & Jules, and The Design Files.
Summer Bracelet from AHC ($25)
Pipe Man by Shayna Quinn for Hello Polly ($62)
14k Yellow Gold Crest Diamond Signet Ring from Nangijala Jewelry ($238)
Seafolly Summer Garden Boyleg Maillot from Anthropologie ($148)
Stockholm Felt Tote from LEIF ($18)
Womens Fall Houndstooth Blouse from Nicole Carey ($72)
Man Cushion Cover from Depeapa ($41)
Cute wood Pendant collar from The Twenty Fingers ($14)
Antique Victorian Bird Locket Necklace from Maejean Vintage ($180)
White Dotty Tote from Poketo ($275)
At the moment, I am sitting in my temporary work spot which faces a sparkling pool basked in the California sunshine- quite a big change from the pouring Portland rain. This view puts bright, sunshine-y colors on my brain: palm tree greens, pool blues, bikini pinks, and of course, warm yellows.
Sources (from top to bottom): SF Girl By Bay, Lonny, decor8, unknown, Trisha Brink Design, The New Tenant, Love Made Me Do It, The Design Files, MIMI + MEG, homestyle magazine, and Designspiration.